HOMEWORK

Don't make excuses for yourself
posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 11/15/2011 05:23:00 PM | 0 cmnt/s

Ahhhh... went to the AFA on Sunday. Spent more than $50 there, including the entry ticket and lunch. Lock Yin and I shared chicken rice and ate on the floor. It was fun being a hobo, people stared at us. Lock Yin bought this super cute bunny hat for $25, I was tempted to buy it but i decided i would only wear it once, so I didn't. So i bought 6 badges, the domo set (mug+cushion+shirt) and a digital drawing of Byou. Thats all. The 6 badges were of Ciel, Sebastian, 3 from One Piece, and AKB48. I don't even know why I bought the One Piece badges, it was a pretty impulsive buy. I saw the duck/chicken/thing badge that looked really funny, and it was cheaper to get 3, so yeah. I chose the duck thing, Chopper and some guy. I was planning to give the Chopper one away since many people seem to like it, but I'm not too sure if I want to do that now. Anyway, I was really lucky to get the black AKB48 badge, since it was random. Good marketing strategy.

When I told the lady I wanted the black badge, she said 'Its random' and took out a box. I don't know why I didn't think twice and just put my hand in. AND I GOT THE BLACK BADGE :D hehe. I'm really lucky, I would be so sad if I didn't get it, the can badge is so small and its $4!! The girl behind me tried 6 times, she got A, K, B, 4, K, B. $24 and she didn't even get the AKB one. Felt so blessed at that moment.
Lucky me got the black AKB48 can badge that I wanted... ON THE FIRST TRY.

And here it is! Stole this pic from my twitter, thats why its so huge.

Anyway, I would like to complain about the SHITTY queuing system of the AKB48 booth. I didn't know where I could see the merchandise because the queue was like around the booth so the people queuing blocked the merchandise, and if I squeezed my way in, I would be cutting the queue?! It confused me. Also, I hope that, if there's an AKB48 booth next year, perhaps they could sell nicer posters? There were only individual posters, and the backgrounds were just white. Or black. AKB48 IS A GROUP, AND YOU DON'T SELL GROUP POSTERS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Sorry I just watched a Kingsley video, so... I feel like ranting. Each poster is priced at $22, and you can't even give me a nice photo. WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST USE THE KAZE WA FUITEIRU PICTURE?! I would buy it.


Isn't it nice?

There were 2 T-shirt designs. The one designed by Takamina cost $42, the other was $35. The $35 looked more or less like the badge, and I was seriously considering buying it, since $42 is just way too pricey for me. But I didn't buy it in the end, after standing at the booth and considering at least 7 times.

I went to the AKB48 special, I was hoping Miku Tanabe and Sayaka Nakaya would singing, but the only singing was the Aitakatta bit. Also, they invited Aniki as a special guest to surprise them both. Miku Tanabe said she wanted to meet him in person, so she cried when he came. Also, there was this creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy guy that sat beside me. He seemed so gentle and nice at first then when the two members entered he started shouting like "OH YEAH!!!!" and he kept shouting "ANIKIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!" HAHAH Lock Yin was very amused.


We missed the cosplay championships :( but we did see some interesting cosplayers. I like those with huge weapons. There was this cosplayer that suddenly crawled super fast towards us, it was so scary. There was also this guy in a Rilakkuma suit, totally Pedobear. Wanted to take a picture with him but felt it was weird so I wanted Lock Yin to take with him. But she said no :'(

There were really nice things at the Cool Japan Pavilion. There was the PSCompany booth, obviously promoting ViViD's participation in the Sundown Festival. SO. ANGRY. WHY VIVID WHEN YOU CAN HAVE THE GAZETTE?! OR ALICE NINE?! OR SCREW?! So when the girl gave me the bunch of flyers and a booklet with ViVid, I was really irritated. Until I turned it over, the back was the GazettE! The booklet had nice pictures, sort of. So I was really happy after that.


That was the picture of the page promoting TOXIC. Lock Yin asked if that was Ruki XD This guy is so bling! Or is it a girl...

They showed the fanclubs and I was just wondering, why doesn't ScReW have a fan club?

At the CJ Pavilion, there was this manga designers lab booth, it was so cool! Everything was free! From the flyers, postcards, even the portraits! The lady that drew the portraits was so good, she really made the drawing look like the person. Sadly, the pavilion was stupidly placed in a corner, so even though Lock Yin and I came at 9+, we didn't see it till 11+. The lady was already booked till 7.30 at that time! So we couldn't get a portait of ourselves, and the one at the artist gallery costs $20. But, I did take a postcard, and I love it very much. There was a poster of it but I think it was only a display of it, so I didn't dare ask if they sold the poster. Hope they come again next year :D


The domo set was definitely the best buy there. $20 for a mug, cushion and shirt! The shirt itself costs $29 and the cushion was $19, of course I would buy the set. Lock Yin and I didn't see it till 3+, and it was only limited to a 100 sets, I'm surprised there were still some left. Hehe Lock Yin bought it mainly for the pretty paper bag it came in.


They're all so nice! Look at the drawing of Byou! Got it for $6 at the artist gallery :) the were drawings of Ruki too, but they weren't very nice.

Perhaps the GazettE will come next year? HAHAHA fat hope. The AFA made me feel interested in anime, manga and drawing all over again. I lost interest in it after awhile, I'm really glad I went this year :D
to the top