HOMEWORK

NO BLOOD NO BONE NO ASH
posted on Friday, December 28, 2012 at 12/28/2012 07:51:00 PM | 0 cmnt/s

I actually planned to talk about a lot of things like my Taiwan trip and so on, but I can't anymore, so I'll just talk about K throughout this whole post.

It's the 13th and last episode of K. I've never been so nervous and worried about an anime before. I actually saw the spoilers on tumblr last night, so I found out who died and what happened. I actually CRIED from just screencaps and spoilers wtf Mikoto and Shiro died. This is devastating, I nearly cried in episode 6 when they recapped Totsuka's death but this is just madness. It was 2AM when I saw the spoilers so everyone was asleep and didn't see me cry. Felt depressed about it all day, I thought that watching the spoilers and having cried about it would be enough, and that I was mentally prepared for watching the last episode itself. I was so wrong.

Throughout the episode I was just so nervous about their deaths. And when Mikoto killed Shiro I still managed to control myself. Then Kukuri woke up and started crying because she can't remember Shiro. That's when I lost it. AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH SHIROOOOOOO. And the rest of the episode I was just full of tears and emotions. Mikoto had such a peaceful but lonely look on his face before he died, I can't accept it. Being a king is so difficult I just want to hug all the kings except for fuckass colorless king that created this shit. Of all ways to die, Mikoto had to be killed by Munakata omg stop this GoRa MUNAKATA REISI WANTED TO SAVE HIM. HE WAS A FRIEND.Though it was the right thing to do lest Mikoto's sword of Damocles drops and creates more shit, even Reisi's expression made me want to cry even more. And then he had to look all calm and fine in front of SCEPTER 4 while they cheered that he was alive, even when Mikoto's blood was still all over his hands. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW HE FEELS?! SOLITARY PATH INDEED. And what made me cry the most was Anna. This whole thing must have been the hardest for her. She is so clearly attached to Mikoto. "Your red is the most beautiful." UUURRRGGGHHHHH and when Mikoto apologised for not letting her see that red anymore I just burst into more tears omg. In fact, the WHOLE OF HOMRA. When Rikio started chanting NO BLOOD NO BONE NO ASH and the rest of homra followed I didn't know whether to smile or cry even more. Omg look just look at Yata's face as he cheered along, my feels. YOU CAN SEE ERIC CHANTING IT TOO, THIS BOY USED TO BE AN ASSASSIN. Omg homra bonds are so strong.Anyway back to Anna. She could tell that Mikoto was gonna die and reach his limit but she just couldn't do anything about it. Btw Anna is colorblind so that red must have been the best thing in her entire life ugh. And when their tattoos started to became red balls of light and floated to the sky I was so sad omg it's like a hard slap to remind me that Mikoto is gone. Even Fushimi's tattoo glew and went into the sky, he was always part of homra. DAMN IT I'M SURE FUSHIMI STILL HAS SOME FEELINGS FOR MIKOTO NO MATTER HOW JEALOUS HE WAS. Then Anna said all the red in the sky were lovely and Kusanagi said Mikoto was the best king they could have asked for. The ending was so beautiful.

Another part that killed me inside was when Neko hugged Shiro's umbrella and wanted to give it back to him. Then Kuroh said she couldn't anymore. Help. My heart aches so much.

Definition of heartbreak: K.

You could actually see a red star in the sky. So um, I'm assuming Mikoto would be with Totsuka.

K is the first anime to make me cry. I actually feel like a part of my life is gone, now that it's over. I didn't expect K to affect me this much, I started watching it only because I thought the art was nice and I was bored, but shit I can safely say this is definitely one of my favourite, if not my favourite anime.

Sequel to K has been confirmed, I'm happy but still a little sad. How will K go on without Shiro and Mikoto, and maybe the whole of Homra and the newly formed silver clan (Kuroh + Neko) too? I can't quite imagine it, but if there's going to be a new red and silver king, they'd better be as good as Mikoto or Shiro. Maybe they'll touch on the other kings, like the greens that was only mentioned once in the whole anime.

I'm currently having K withdrawal symptoms, so I'll just patiently wait for more MOR chapters and hope for others to translate the side novels soon.
     to the top